Barbados Food and Rum Festival: “Feed the Future”
The theme of this year’s Barbados Food and Rum Festival is “Feed the Future”.
Here’s what the theme “Feed the Future” means to us:
- We pledge to support education and training opportunities for youth in areas of culinary and hospitality development.
- We recognize the role of tourism in creating and sustaining a high quality of life for Barbadians, especially as the industry rebounds from COVID-19.
- We believe Barbados must adopt sustainable practices and through the festival we can emphasise the importance of food security for small island developing states such as Barbados.
How will we Feed the Future of Barbados?
We highlight our commitment to ensuring the ongoing development of Barbadian culinary talent. That’s why we’re raising funds from part of the proceeds of this year’s festival to support:
- Two secondary school students’ culinary degrees at The Jean and Norma Holder Hospitality Institute and Hotel PomMarine; and
- One PomMarine student’s dream to further their studies at a top international University.
- One local feeding programme, blessing those in need